Monday, September 15, 2008

Jeezy To Appear on "S.L.U." (remix); Wayne Preps Dedication 3


Sept. 15--Bun B appeared to have been right when proclaimed "The South ain't going nowhere!" According to MTV.com, the man with the number 1 album in the country, Young Jeezy, will appear on the remix to the hit single "Swagger Like Us", which already features a who's-who of A-list rappers. It was only a matter of time before an official remix hit the airwaves and "Mr. 17.5" looks to be the first rhyme spitter to receive the honor.

"I hollered at Tip at the VMA's. I said 'Let me get that instrumental.' Make sure yall listen to my verse real carefully," said Jeezy.


With the mega success of his first single, "Put On", the ATL heavyweight is having a tough decision deciding which track he will officially declare as his second single. Judging by the reaction the album is receiving nationwide, any song off the album will suffice.


"I was in the club the other night and I went to the DJ booth to check out the DJ...nobody was there. He had left the booth and just put my album in and pressed play. He let the whole CD rock," Jeezy told MTV.


In related news, fellow hip-hop megastar, Lil Wayne seems to be hooking up with one of Jeezy's former friends. The highly anticipated trilogy to the insanely popular mixtape series, Dedication 3, will soon see the light of day.


"The Carter IV is nice, but you need to be looking for
Dedication 3. Me and DJ Drama are going back at it. Gangsta Grillz. I'm showcasing my whole clique — the Young Money family," said "The Best Rapper Alive". "And three months after that, I got 30 more songs, and we're gonna give them away for free, as I always do, on my Web site."

With those controversial comments about DJ's seemingly all but forgotten, the lethal 1-2 punch of Weezy F. and "Barack O'Drama" look to push Wayne's superstar status into the next level, whatever that may be. Drama apologized for the delay, but promises this release will be like none of his other Gangsta Grillz releases, arguably the most popular line of mixtapes ever.


"This is not a mixtape, this is an event. Four brands promise to go down in history and combine again: Wayne, Drama,
Gangsta Grillz, Dedication 3. Nuff said."

--Just Blaze

**Quotes courtesy of MTV's Mixtape Monday

This article can also be found here.

No comments: