Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Max B officially breaks all ties from Byrd Gang Records


Oct. 21--It looks like Jim Jones' claim of "Max B never releasing an album" will run its course very soon. In an exclusive interview with XXL, the "wavy" crooner from Harlem recently revealed that he is no longer contractually obligated to Byrd Gang Records, a label that was once thought to be one of the most up and coming in the music industry.

“I’m as free as a bird,” the rapper told XXLmag.com exclusively. “Now it gives me the ability to ride without no remorse, no sympathy, no pity. I’m riding on everything. I’m riding. I’ma ride on my rivalry for the season. It’s gonna be so wavy. So big, so heavy, so controversial. It’s gonna be like none other.

Once seemingly the best of friends, Max B and Jim Jones have been in bitter war of words for quite some time. Due to the stipulations in his contract, Max was prohibited from lashing out in the manner he wanted to. Now that those barriers have been erased, the man who gave Jim Jones some of his most memorable hooks looks to expose his former label mate.

“I’m gonna speak about everything, Jim Jones. I got more deep, down, dark secrets.”

"Wavy Crockett" was able to break free from his contract through legal loopholes. Due to paperwork he received from the state of New York, Max B claims that Jim Jones cannot pursue legal action at anytime in the future.

“I’m not even part of the U.S. Government laws,” Max B said. “I’m not a citizen of the United States, I’m dead ass. My laws, the laws you go by, I don’t have to follow. As long as I don’t purposely hurt nobody, I’m straight.”

The man who made the phrase "wavy" a fixture on the hip hop scene is now planning a tsnaumi on the industry. Rumors of a bidding war for his services have already surfaced. For the official (as of now untitled) debut, Max hopes to work with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado.

Regardless of whenever the album reaches stores, he has one promise that he vows to keep.

“I’m gonna be 10 times better than [Jim Jones] ever was."

--J. Tinsley

**Quotes are courtesy of XXL

No comments: