Saturday, August 30, 2008

To the people of the Gulf Coast...


I wish nothing but the best for those about to be struck by Hurricane Gustav. It's eerie how a hurricane is about to strike the same communities that still have the destruction of Katrina fresh on their minds. I pray that this storm does not cause as much damage as its predecessor, but the reports I am reading about the storm are not positive. The last reports states the storm has increased to a category 4 storm with winds over 150 miles per hour.

There are about 6 or 7 classmates of mine that I graduted from college with (who are in New Orleans) and several people I am close to in the Houston area. I pray that they make it through this ordeal with no injuries and their places of living in tact. I also pray that the government is taking the necessary precautions and that the same delayed response does not happen as it did exactly three years ago.

If you have any family/friends/associates in that part of the country, send a prayer up for them and call them to assure that they are in a safe place.

No comments: