Friday, August 22, 2008

Can I pick him in my fantasy draft?













Now you know Usain Bolt is one of my favorite people around here, but I just heard some news that I found rather interesting. As a matter of fact, I don't even call him by his name anymore, I simply refer to to him as "The Cheetah". Back to the reason I'm writing this, I called it a few days ago, and really it only makes sense that it is actually happening. I said that NFL scouts should be in Beijing right now in attempts to persuade the fast mammal on two feet to possibly come to the leauge.

According to MediaTakeOut.com, Bill Parcells sent several Miami Dolphins talent scouts to "talk" to "The Cheetah". According to MTO, an insider said, "Parcells kept saying that he wanted to try out Bolt and [all the players] thought he was just joking. But now [one of the scouts] is on a plane to China to talk with Usain's manager."

I hate to say I told you so, but, I told you so. Why wouldn't you sign him? He doesn't have to be your main receiving threat, but if you use him as a slot receiver (just don't run across the middle) and for kick returns and punt returns and we could be looking at one of the most exciting players in the world.

Food for thought, he ran the 200M in 19.30 seconds...break that down into a 40 yard dash...that is 3.59 seconds. Yea, 3.59 in the 40...let that marinate...

No comments: